1. That's why i left the old method in, to each to his own. Until the
old methods are left untouched, i think we can safely experiment
without breaking anyone's code. As for the 'get' thing, i wouldn't
call it a get operation, it is an explicit function call:

   >>> n.connects_to(m)

If it's clearly documented, i see no issues with having both methods in though.

2. I'd probably use get/set item functions for accessing properties
too. That way if my proposal for relationships stays in, we won't be
having any problems with relationship and property names overlap.

While I do understand your reason for such API, i wanted to make
things a little bit simpler for beginners like me. Since my work
relies heavily on py2neo i want to make it as pleasant as possible. I
will be submitting my modifications for your review, and in the
meantime we'll see how others react to this.