I thought since I'm doing read and write together I may be getting file error
so I tried to use FastUpdate method described here -
http://lucy.apache.org/docs/perl/Lucy/Docs/Cookbook/FastUpdates.html

But now I'm more frequently getting below error.
Error input 57 too high
20161206 150630 []  S_fibonacci at core/Lucy/Index/IndexManager.c line 129

My use case is. While my application generating multiple logs, I'm indexing
them parallelly. To achieve this I'm storing docs at multiple locations at each
directory level. In a directory there could be multiple log files so for that
directory I'm having one indexer directory. When file get closed I insert an
end marker doc to indicate that indexing on that file is done. However,
sometimes same file get open multiple times with additional data. In such case
I search in existing indexing directory if there is any end marker is set, if
there is end marker then I delete that end marker, and index additional data
and again insert end marker. In this process I search as well as write at the
same time.

I started seeing these type of error only after I inserted the logic of search
and deleting. Should I catch this and retry? How many docs I should limit to
commit together?

I will highly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Rajiv Gupta