Thanks for the explanation.

As a follow on question, based on this link:
https://lucy.apache.org/docs/c/Lucy/Docs/FileFormat.html

(1) Why the cf.dat has a document section?

(2) Why is it not compressed?

I see most of the content of the books I have indexed being part of cf.dat
file and can read the text as it is! Is this how the inverted indexing
works?

Thanks
-Kasi