You want to create “Behavioral Search”? This is where you boost items that have
the search terms in them more likely to be favored by the individual user?

You want to use the CCO algorithm in Mahout. You need to collect behavioral
information like conversions, detailed page views, etc. Run each event through
CCO and you get a collection of “indicators” as item attributes. Augment the
Solr index with fields (indicators) attached to item documents. Then at query
time supply the search terms as a “must match” and use user history as the
query segment against the corresponding indicator fields as a “should match”
with some boosting factor.

CCO is here:
http://mahout.apache.org/users/algorithms/intro-cooccurrence-spark.html
<http://mahout.apache.org/users/algorithms/intro-cooccurrence-spark.html>
and a post on Personalizing Search here:
http://www.actionml.com/blog/personalized_search
<http://www.actionml.com/blog/personalized_search>

BTW Do you have a recommender running? If not that is likely to generate almost
an order of magnitude better results than Behavioral Search. From Industry
wisdom and experience, implement a recommender first, then augment search. On
E-Commerce data we have reported results of 10-30% conversion lift from
recommendations and ~3% for Behavioral Search. 3% is significant but requires
you to gather the same info that it takes to do a recommender so why not do a
recommender first.

There is an almost turnkey recommender that uses CCO here:
http://actionml.com/ur It uses Elasticsearch but is standalone, not integrated
into any search tech you use elsewhere.