I'm a fan of splitting these things out as you end up with various
implementations, some of which will be more suited for some applications
that others. It also encourages exploration of the API in various ways.

As an aside, I've been playing with a go version too at
https://github.com/dominichamon/gozer. It's not meant to be anything but an
API test-case.