I'll try to answer these questions.

1. Currently, the only language you can use is C++. You can workaround this
by writing a proxy in c++ that delegates the calls to, say, python scripts.
See http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/allocation-module/ for
more details.

2. The default allocator is called "dominant resource fairness" since it
tries to distribute resources fairly between active frameworks. This means
it will offer all available resources to all frameworks, but each framework
will get only a certain share. For more information I encourage you to take
a look at the DRF paper.

3. Offered and not declined resources are considered to be used, therefore
they can't be re-offered until freed.

Hope this helps.