Thanks Alex.

For 1. I understand currently the only choice is C++. However, as Adam
mentioned, true pluggable allocator modules (MESOS-2160
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2160>) are landing in Mesos
0.23, so at that time, I assume we will have more choices, right?

For 2 and 3, my understanding is Mesos allocator will partition all the
available resources into multiple subsets, and there is no overlap between
these subsets (i.e., a single resource can only be in one subset), and then
offer these subsets to multiple frameworks (e.g., offer subset1 to
framework1, offer subset2 to framework2, and so on), and it is up to each
framework's scheduler to determine if it accept the resource to launch task
or reject it. In this way, each framework's scheduler can actually make
scheduling decision independently since they will never compete for the
same resource.

If my understanding is correct, then I have one more question:
4. What if it takes very long time (e.g., mins or hours) for a framework's
scheduler to make the scheduling decision? Does that mean during this long
period, the resources offered to this framework will not be used by any
other frameworks? Is there a timeout for the framework's scheduler to make
the scheduling decision? So when the timeout is reached, the resources
offered to it will be revoked by Mesos allocator and can be offered to
another framework.