I'd be in favor of setting that flag to Java 7 as well - just because
classes are compiled in Java 6 format doesn't mean the standard library
classes they reference will be available on Java 6 - your compiler
classpath contains Java 7's rt.jar, which contains classes that don't exist
in Java 6's rt.jar.