Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

I tend to deploy the several Mesos nodes as VMware VMs.

However, I've also run a cluster with master on ESXi, slaves on ESXi, slave on
bare metal, and an EC2 slave.

But in my case all applications are Docker containers connected via Weave.

Does your present deployment involve Docker and Weave?

-paul