Hmm....I'm not sure there's really a "fix" for that (BTW: I assume you mean
to fix high (or long) latency, i.e., to make it lower, faster). A network
link is a network link, right? Like all hardware, it has its own physical
characteristics which determine its latency's lower bound, below which it
is physically impossible to go.

Sounds to me as if you've got the whole Mesos + Docker + Weave thing
figured out, at least as far as the basic connectivity and addressing is
concerned. So there's not much more that I can tell you in that regard.

Are you running Weave 1.2 (or above)? It incorporates their "fast path"
technology based on the Linux kernel's Open vSwitch (*vide*:
http://blog.weave.works/2015/11/13/weave-docker-networking-performance-fast-data-path/).
But, remember, there's still the link in between endpoints. One can
optimize the packet handling within an endpoint, but this could boil down
to a case of "hurry up and wait".

I would urge you to take this question up with the friendly, knowledgeable,
and very helpful folks at Weave:
https://groups.google.com/a/weave.works/forum/#!forum/weave-users .

Cordially,

Paul