I am trying to understand under what cases the mesos slave ID changes in
response to reboot.  I noticed this note at
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/upgrades/#upgrading-from-1-3-x-to-1-4-x
:

Agent is now allowed to recover its agent ID post a host reboot. This
> prevents the unnecessary discarding of agent ID by prior Mesos versions.
> Notes about backwards compatibility:
>
>    - In case the agent’s recovery runs into agent info mismatch which may
>    happen due to resource change associated with reboot, it’ll fall back to
>    recovering as a new agent (existing behavior).
>

>    - In other cases such as checkpointed resources (e.g. persistent
>    volumes) being incompatible with the agent’s resources the recovery will
>    still fail (existing behavior).

I was wondering if the behavior prior to 1.3 is also similarly
well-defined. Is the answer "Will always change after a reboot"?

Thanks,
Srikanth