So, one thing about threat triage is that we only triage messages which
have the field 'is_alert' set to true.  If you are not seeing triaged
messages, that is the likely culprit.  Generally, you often see people
either do a stellar enrichment to selectively choose which messages are
alerts (and set is_alert to true on those messages).

Judging from your example, perhaps you want a message to be considered an
alert if the syslog_severity field exists.  If that is the case, you could
accomplish this via a stellar enrichment and the configs would look as
follows:

{
    "enrichment": {
        "fieldMap": {
            "geo": [
                "ip_src_addr",
                "ip_dst_addr"
            ]
        },
        "fieldToTypeMap": {},
        "config": {}
    },
    "threatIntel": {
        "fieldMap": {
            "stellar" : {
              "config" : {
                  "is_alert" : "if exists(syslog_severity) then true else
is_alert"
                         }
                        }
         },
        "fieldToTypeMap": {},
        "config": {},
        "triageConfig": {
            "riskLevelRules": [
                {
                    "name": "Critical severity rule",
                    "comment": "",
                    "rule": "syslog_severity== 'emergencies' or
syslog_severity== 'alert' or syslog_severity== 'critical'",
                    "score": 100,
                    "reason": null
                },
                {
                    "name": "High severity rule",
                    "comment": "",
                    "rule": "syslog_severity== 'error'",
                    "score": 75,
                    "reason": null
                },
                {
                    "name": "Medium severity rule",
                    "comment": "",
                    "rule": "syslog_severity== 'warning'",
                    "score": 50,
                    "reason": null
                },
                {
                    "name": "Low severity rule",
                    "comment": "",
                    "rule": "syslog_severity== 'info' or syslog_severity==
'debugging'",
                    "score": 25,
                    "reason": null
                }