It's generally not a good idea to delete these topics, it would be better to
lower retention, or change the offset rules to latest on the storm topologies
and ignore the problematic messages until they age off naturally.

If you really have to delete and purge the logs to recreate be careful about
partitioning, and also make sure you bounce all the metron storm topologies to
force connection against the new topics and offset reset.

Simon