Sounds like it's having a problem with your enrichments field. Has this ever worked before? Are there any errors/warnings in ES logs? Are there any errors/warnings in the Storm logs? Also, if you attach the kafka command line consumer to the indexing topic do you see properly geo-enriched messages there?