I won't be attending simply because it is organized by Pierre (and because the
genesis of this meeting seems to have come from a very negative perspective).
Those of you who are new to the community or who he is polite to may not be
aware of how rude Pierre can be.  While he does do some good work from time to
time I believe his presence in the community causes more harm than good.  He
has almost continuously attacked or worked against the PMC for the last year or
two and I simply have no interest in hearing anything he has to say any longer.
 Almost no one seems to remember that he told the ASF he would chair an OFBiz
presence at an ApacheCon a year or so ago, it was advertised, calls for
papers/talks were made and submitted and then not long before the conference...
he disappeared with no explanation to anyone.  PMC members were forced to
attend the conference (that he organized without consulting the PMC at all) and
chair in his place on short notice to maintain the credibility of the project.
As far as I know he has never apologized to or thanked those who took his place
and never offered an explanation, he simply reappeared 6 months later and
carried on causing trouble as usual.  I have a hard time believing Pierre will
ever be a committer or core contributor to this project so long as he continues
to spectacularly fail at working well with others (this is just my opinion, I'm
only one voice of many in the community).  While I believe he is a destructive
force in the community, there is nothing I can do about that, everyone is
pretty much free to do as they please.  It's up to each and every one of you to
decide what he brings to the table and interact with him accordingly.

People talk about PMC "hidden agendas" and other conspiracy theories but often
the reality is that it can be difficult to find motivation to work on a project
that is constantly critical of the work you do.  When I joined this project
there was very little infighting and contributing was a rewarding experience
that earned you respect and praise from your peers.  It's a warm fuzzy feeling
that keeps you active at nights and on weekends working on something you're
passionate about.  For me, that passion is fast disappearing because of people
like Pierre (he is certainly not the first but he is particularly vocal).  It
feels like I'm regularly reading critical emails from various community
members, either of the way the project is run or the way the project is
progressing.  What I very rarely see is any action behind the talk; people
suggest major changes and then carry on with their day.  No one actually gets
anything done.  I'm sure some of you would replace the entire PMC given half
the chance and that may seem like some great achievement, but eventually...
you're going to have to actually do something tangible to keep the community
happy and achieve the goals you speak of.  If you're not doing anything
tangible now, then you're as much a part of the problem as anyone else, take
pause before you throw those stones.  You're being critical of those who have
stayed when others have come and gone, those who have contributed more unpaid
hours than most.

How many of you can claim that you do the work in project that would match what
you'd like to see from a committer or PMC member?  There is absolutely nothing
stopping you from making that type of contribution right now, so what is the
issue?

For those of you who have an opinion but aren't actually doing anything
tangible (commit reviews, patch reviews, ticket research, contributing designs
and documentation), the brighter future of OFBiz starts with you.  Be the
change that you want to see, go and do something productive for the project
instead of complaining about what others are not doing.  Just to be clear,
contributing to general discussions isn't much of a contribution, it's
extremely rare that they result in anything positive actually happening.

Regards
Scott