I guess it's the strange way that you word some of your emails.

Instead of directing the question to someone who could answer it, the mailing
list moderators, you directed your question to the community at large.  Doing
so can give the impression that there is something wrong with the health of the
project that needs to be discussed.

I don't think Jacopo was criticising your use of the user list, but rather the
way you worded your question in such an ambiguous manner.  Given some of your
past attempts to stir controversy in the community I'm not surprised he
interpreted your email in a negative light.  Meritocracy can work against you
at times when community members perceive your past actions in a negative way.

Regards
Scott