Pierre this sounds like a wonderful idea but I don't think it's anything that
requires the PMC.  I'm sure you could do a wonderful job and the community
would value your contribution.  It's always important to remember that everyone
is capable of contributing and as a community we should all feel free to lead
the charge in any changes we'd like to see.  It also important in an open
source community where all time is donated that we don't try and unnecessarily
burden others with requests that we could easily perform ourselves.

Many thanks
Scott