Aha I see, thank you for the explanation Paul.

Ok to put some clarity, we had a good discussion on the development
mailing list before making the split, and this is only the first step
(split plugins out). The next step we might take is to also split out
the applications. That is why we called it ofbiz-framework. If
everything goes as discussed and community approves, we will probably
end up with 3+ repositories as follows:
- ofbiz-framework: infrastructure and execution engine, and low level stuff.
- ofbiz-core: the data model library, the service library, shared
resource (common stuff)
- Maybe an applications layer for complete usable apps
- ofbiz-plugins: perhaps even each plugin in its own repository

This layered architecture would help us in creating a robust code base
by isolating things from each other and to allow for multiple
combinations. So you can reuse the entities, services, and basic
screens in different ways without duplication.

Still a work in progress, but I hope this sheds some light on the
naming, and sorry for any confusion regarding that. Perhaps we'll add
this information to the documentation project.