I went through all instructions couple of times but when I go
localhost:8442/accounting I get a message that local host refused to connect.

I have Java installed and system variables added but I cannot have this right.

I am new to ofbiz but I read somewhere that tomcat is embedded.

Do I need Tomcat on my laptop? If so, I have an Apache server installed on my
Windows 8.1.
When I try to run Tomcat I get a message:
"Make sure you have Java JDK or JRE installed and the required ports are free"

Are these two, that is, ofbiz and Apache Server are  in conflict?

I would really appreciate your help.

P.S. I simply want to install ofbiz to play with it and check its functionality.