Hi Jondon ,

Saw your message now , I feel sorry that you  did not have a good install
experience.

Incidentally today i had to demo / train someone on how to install OFBiz on
ubuntu / debian .
>From download to getting the login screen it was not more than hour ,
this included making notes by the trainee and answering some of his queries.

The installation instructions may be brief , but i wonder why it took 4
days!!.

After installing a better place to start may be:

Are you sure you typed https://localhost:8443/accounting
http://localhost:8443/accounting may not really work.

I would suggest you open :
https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/main