How does this procedure work in case of an existing letsencrypt
certificate?

Because I have an existing certificate, can I skip steps 3?
I continued directly with step 4, uploading and conveting cert.pem to
cert.der.

But importe step 5 throws out an error: keytool error:
java.lang.Exception: Public keys in reply and keystore don't match:

1. Run: "keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -alias ssl -keystore [keystore
name]"
2. Run: "keytool -certreq -alias ssl -keyalg RSA -file certreq.csr
-keystore [keystore name]"
3. Submit the CSR to a signing authority (Thawte, Verisign, etc)
4. Download your certificate from the signing authority. Please
remember to download the Certificate in PKCS#7 format. If you get a
certificate in pem format don't convert to PKCS#7/P7B Format but der
format
5. Import the Certificate into the keystore by running:
"keytool -import -alias ssl -trustcacerts -file mysignedcert.cer
-keystore [keystore name]"

Thanks, Wolfgang

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBiz/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizTechnicalProductionSetupGuide-SSLCertificateSetup