I am trying to get SSL working w/o apache for the time being.

I followed your procedure and could sucesfully import. Thanks. Great!

I went the into the following file:
/usr/local/ofbiz/framework/catalina/ofbiz-component.xml and changed the
following two lines:

            <property name="keystoreFile"
value="framework/base/config/ofbiz.jks"/>
            <property name="keystorePass" value="<mypassword>"/>

Which seems not to be the right, because firefox still complaints
When I call https:www.wo-lar.com:8443/myportal/control/main. I get a
"Your connection is not secure". www.wo-lar.com:8443 uses an invalid
security certificate.

When I run <LAN server IP>:8443:/myportal/control/main I get the same
error message. But I can look at hte certificate and that tells me that
it still points to the wrong certificate:
Common name: ofbiz-vm.apache.org

Any thoughts?

Wolfgang

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBiz/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizTechnicalProductionSetupGuide-SSLCertificateSetup