+1 for the approach.

Hi Suraj,

I agree with your points that explode item architecture helps the
businesses to easily manage the partial fulfillments and eliminates the
added overhead of complex calculations while fulfilling the
customer/business requirements.

Supporting the 'explode item' feature at 'createSalesOrder' service will
help external systems to integrate with more flexibility. It will enable
them to choose a more appropriate approach ie. 'explode item' or regular as
per the business need.

Best Regards,

Pradeep Choudhary
Senior Enterprise Software Engineer