Hi Ernest,

I don't have a full answer to this...

I assume you are talking about running a file viewer on the client-side
from the browser?

Browsers take steps to prevent running of arbitrary scripts/binaries on the
client side, so launching a new process from the browser will be difficult
without overriding some security settings.

Normally you would retrieve a resource from the server - in your case
autocad file. The server should include a mimetype for the file and a
'disposition' to state whether the browser should open or download the
file. If directed to open the file, the browser will then lookup a viewer
from its list of programs based on the mimetype. Assuming you can register
your autocad viewer script with the browser, you should be fine to view the
files from the browser.

I'm not sure of the specifics around storing the files in OFBiz. You might
want to use the Content service and ensure an appropriate mimetype is
stored in the file's content metadata. Hopefully someone else can advise on
an appropriate way to add autocad content to OFBiz.

HTH,

Dan.

--
Daniel Watford