can you try to perform all RESR calls necessary in the browser and send my
resulting xml?

to call *addNewUserWithExternalType*
you need
1) call getSession
2) call loginUser (with SID from 1 as parameter) (NOTE user should have
admin/SOAP privileges)
3) get Result == 1
4) call addNewUserWithExternalType (with SID from 1 as parameter) and ALL
other parameters (the list for 2.1/3.0 is here:
http://openmeetings.apache.org/UserService.html#addNewUserWithExternalType)
5) post resulting XML here