Yes, just do the easy stuff.  Give us a starting point.  Nothing more.

I am, or was, a Windows guy.  Event driven.
OnMeeting start, OnNewUser, on meeting end, etc.

Make it configurable. API can be a few lines in a config file. Put your script here.. Done! Do whatever you want. Call a local service, or a big SMS provider like twilio, anything. Do not over think it. Let people do what they want.

Spend two USD, get something basic working on twilio. OK. It sent an SMS. Write down the curl commands, or telnet, or some json via REST..

Finished!