On the demo (4.0.8 rb66ef46) there is only about a 5-7 second delay from the talking till it is broadcasted (this would be expected depending on where the servers are located and the speed of its connection).  Currently about the same delay I have on a fresh restart of the OM service on my VPS.  I will keep both open all day and see if the delay changes any.