Le 25 juin 2017 21:22, "Gurkan Erdogdu" <gurkanerdo...@yahoo.com.invalid> a
écrit :

Hi Romain
Because this is a new initiative, it must follow the ASF rules even if
graduate as a subproject

But imo, this is not a subproject, because it has different aims from owb
core, owb aim is just implement the specification

Please have a look http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#
subproject-or-top-level

So my advice is to write an incubator project , sponsored by the owb, and
graduate as sub or top level project ( my vote will be as tlp)

We can also bring this issue in a board report and getting advice from the
board

Maybe we should ask them yes. What do others think?

Dont sure we need to delay next release cause of it but what about pinging
the board in next report?

Regards

Gurkan

> On 25 Jun 2017, at 22:08, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Le 25 juin 2017 21:03, "Gurkan Erdogdu" <gurkanerdo...@yahoo.com> a écrit
:

> Hi Romain
>
> Because it is a very different mind , it just uses the owb but may also
use other cdi implementation in the future

> No no. You missed a central point : owb+cxf+tomcat highly integrated vs a
portable stack like hammock is. Here we just want to integrate our
preferred stack.

> Also, it may implement the microprofile speficiation
>

> It could but still compat with owb afaik.
>

> Also it has its own project page, codebase, release cycle, issues etc. It
just depends on owb as library

> True, it is a subproject
>

> So for the future perpective, it is now to route for such action at the
beginning, and so it will much more getting attraction from the asf and
other communities

> We used a subproject cause was proven being wrong on this hypothesis we
did for some other incubator projects

> I will be gald to help on such effort
>
> Why not helping here?
>

> Regards
>
> Gurkan
>
>> On 25 Jun 2017, at 21:56, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Gurkan
>>
>> What is the rational behind such a reasonning since core of meecrowave
is owb and that we agreed to import?

>> Side note: tomee doesnt fit since we dont impl specs bit just build a
server centered around owb to avoid tomcat integration issues we often see
on the list.

>> Le 25 juin 2017 20:44, "Gurkan Erdogdu" <gurkanerdo...@yahoo.com.invalid>
a écrit :
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> As I said earlier , Meecrowave project needs to be seperated from owb,
it has own project page, codebase, issues, release cycle etc. There are two
options in here either Tomee subproject or  new in incubator project. My
binding vote will be -1 for such release otherwise. I know that incubator
projects needs much more admin work but from my opinion this is the way of
introducing such new project in ASF

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Gurkan

successfully pass the standalone TCK!