Hi folks!

Just one minor point:
if you add anything from cxf then you might likely add it to the Meecrowave
libs directly.
The reason is that CXF does not use the ThreadContextClassLoader when looking
for it's own SPI implementations.
So if you have cxf-core in meecrowave-lib and the cxf jax-ws jar just in your
WAR, then CXF will not be able to find it.

That's in most cases not a blocker.
Btw, I also started with WAR packaging but nowadays almost always do web-jars.

That means I package my UI module as jar and if I need anything then I use the
Servlet-3.0 webresources feature.
E.g. instead of
src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
I now have
src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/WEB-INF/web.xml

Because since servlet-3.0 any content under META-INF/resources will be treated
by the servlet container the same as if it's available under / in the WAR.

LieGrue,
strub