Hi Dieter,

unfortunately I never upgraded a path that long; but you can't skip
major releases. so you would have to upgrade to 6.0.9, 7.0.15, 8.0.16,
8.1.12, 8.2.11, and then finally to 10.0.3. This works for most people.
Installing it completely new would be less time-consuming, I guess ;)
depending on how much you shared with other users, etc.

In 10.0.3, you could use the current QOwnNotes version from the
marketplace <https://marketplace.owncloud.com/apps/qownnotesapi>. I have
never tried it with ownCloud 5.

I recommend you to ask on https://central.owncloud.org, if you have
further questions - there are more people listening :)

best regards,
Emil