Hi,

I don't think it matters to the main topic.

The former question is "why does OwnCloud display errors when it's
turned off".

Btw I did some other testing running PHP7.0 with official package on
Debian and I ended up having the same result.

So far:

Debian 8 / Nginx / Redis / MySQL / PHP7.0 -> displays error when set Off

Debian 9 / Nginx / MySQL / PHP7.2 -> displays error when set Off

I tried tweaking  the "log_type" parameter in config.php thinking it
might change the display setting but so far no luck either.

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.1/admin_manual/configuration/server/logging_configuration.html

If I write a PHP code like that to test Redis:
<?php

// Check Redis
try {
    $redis = new Redis();
    $redis->connect('127.0.0.1', 6379);
    $redis->ping();
} catch (Exception $e) {
    header('HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable');
    die();
}

I shut down Redis, nothing is displayed on my browser but it's logged in
the error.log of NGinx.
Within the same context, if I try to load the login page of OwnCloud the
whole error is displayed.
I'm thinking that my settings are rewritten dynamically within
OwnCloud's code.

Sneaking in the code I could find that but it's going my way in lib/base.php

                // Don't display errors and log them
                \error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
                @\ini_set('display_errors', 0);
                @\ini_set('log_errors', 1);

Le 05/03/2019 à 13:50, Carlos Damken a écrit :
> What does it show in the log files?
> On Mar 5, 2019, at 06:13, 450084394239 <450084394...@trash-mail.com
> <mailto:450084394...@trash-mail.com>> wrote:
>
>     No special configuration in the config.php, just the plain one after the
>     ownCloud installation.
>
>     Shutting down the database is not possible as this is a live / productive
>     system but i guess i will also get the same generic/themed internal error
>     message of ownCloud without the full stacktrace.
>
>     Specs:
>
>     ownCloud 10.1.0
>     nginx
>     PHP (php-fpm) 7.2.x
>

>     --
>     Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

Cordialement,

<http://www.cognix-systems.com/>

Florian LELEU
Administrateur Systèmes Linux, Cognix Systems

*Rennes* | Brest | Saint-Malo | Paris
florian.le...@cognix-systems.com <mailto:florian.le...@cognix-systems.com>

Tél. : 02 30 96 34 40

Facebook Cognix Systems <https://www.facebook.com/cognix.systems/>