Hi,

We have created a table (eg, t1), and a global index of one numeric column
of t1 (eg, timestamp). Now we want to find the largest value of timestamp,
we have tried two approaches:

1. select max(timestamp) from t1; This query takes forever to finish, so I
think it maybe doing a full table scan/comparison .
2. select timestamp from t1 order by timestamp desc limit 1; This query
finished fast, but the result it returns is far from the largest value. It
seems it just return the largest value for a certain range of data.

Did anyone else encounter this issue/have any suggestion?

--
Thanks,
Yufan