Thanks Ted.

I think I figured it out. In simplest case, it is enough to specify
`phoenix-core:{version}`, instead of `phoenix:{version}`.  And along with a
compatible `hbase-client:{version}` such as:

```
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.phoenix</groupId>
    <artifactId>phoenix-core</artifactId>
    <version>4.10.0-HBase-1.2</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
    <artifactId>hbase-client</artifactId>
    <version>1.2.2</version>
</dependency>

```

Shall we add a section note (about maven dependency) in the installation
instruction? I may work on this if it does make sense.

Best,
--
Juvenn Woo