Hi All,

System.catalog table seems to be single region table(correct?). We are
currently facing a problem of hotspot on System.catalog table.
One of our app does around 4-5k select queries/sec. And, It is creating a
new preparedstatement everytime. I suspect that while instantiating a new
preparedstatement(contrary to Statement), system.catalog table is queried
first. Hence, it is resulting into hotspotting. Is my analysis correct?

(I have already suggested my colleagues to try using Statement instead of
PS if they have to create a new one everytime.)

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta