I c. As per documentation[1], even for commits of upsert system.catalog is
called. IMO, ALWAYS seems to be really aggressive. Is there any reason
UPDATE_CACHE_FREQUENCY is set to ALWAYS by default? Do we plan to change
the default value to 5 or 10 sec? Thanks for your help.

PS: we were running into a lot of Phoenix scalability issues due to this.

[1] https://phoenix.apache.org/language/index.html#options

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta