Perfect, thank you for the explanation and details - it worked!

There is still the oddity about:
>                 row.setRowStyle(codeFill)
Only affecting cells AFTER the last one I created in the row.  I've been using
a limited work-around.

Lastly: are row and cell styles ever combined/aggregated as they would be in
Excel? Eg. if I set a row style with a background and a cell style with a
border, will the cell have the background and the border, or do I need to
specify the cell's style with the background as well for it to not get
overwritten depending on what order I set them?

Thanks!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain
confidential, privileged and/or proprietary information which is solely for the
use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, disclosure, or retention by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete this e-mail, any attachments, and all copies.