From: Donald Szeto <don...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 8:26 PM
To: user@predictionio.apache.org <user@predictionio.apache.org>;
d...@predictionio.apache.org <d...@predictionio.apache.org>
Subject: PredictionIO ASF Board Report for Mar 2020

Hi all,

Please take a look at the draft report below and make your comments or edits as
you see fit. The draft will be submitted on Mar 11, 2020.

Regards,
Donald

The mission of Apache Predictionio is the creation and maintenance of software
related to a machine learning server built on top of state-of-the-art open
source stack, that enables developers to manage and deploy production-ready
predictive services for various kinds of machine learning tasks

## Issues:
Update: A community member, who's a committer and PMC of another Apache
project, has expressed interest in helping. The member has been engaged and we
are waiting for actions from that member.

Last report: No PMC chair nominee was nominated a week after the PMC chair
expressed
intention to resign from the chair on the PMC mailing list.

## Membership Data:
Apache PredictionIO was founded 2017-10-17 (2 years ago)
There are currently 29 committers and 28 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 8:7.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Andrew Kyle Purtell on 2017-10-17.
- No new committers were added.

## Project Activity:
Sparse activities only on mailing list.

Recent releases:

0.14.0 was released on 2019-03-11.
0.13.0 was released on 2018-09-20.
0.12.1 was released on 2018-03-11.

## Community Health:
Update: A community member, who's a committer and PMC of another Apache
project, has expressed interest in helping. The member has been engaged and we
are waiting for actions from that member to see if a nomination to PMC and
chair would be appropriate.

Last report: We are seeking new leadership for the project at the moment to
bring it out
of maintenance mode. Moving to the attic would be the last option.