Hey Mars,

Thanks for the suggestion and I agree with your point on the metadata part.
Essentially I think the app and channel concept should be instead logically
grouped together with event, not metadata.

I think in some advanced use cases, event storage should not even be a hard
requirement as engine templates can source data differently. In the long
run, it might be cleaner to have event server (and all relevant concepts
such as its API, access keys, apps, etc) as a separable package, that is by
default turned on, embedded to engine server. Advanced users can either
make it standalone or even turn it off completely.

I imagine this kind of refactoring would echo Pat's proposal on making a
clean and separate engine and metadata management system down the road.

Regards,
Donald