I haven't used Vaadin in a long time, cool project though!

Couple things that stick out at me:
1.) There are a couple community Vaadin plugins, i'm not sure if any of
them solve this problem though
2.) I'd be hesitant to allow multiple users to log in with different tabs
on the same browser. Unless your goal is do allow the same user access to
multiple account (i.e. what google does, I have multiple gmail windows open
right now, one is mail/u/0 the other is mail/u/1)

Assuming this is just for a single person with multiple accounts, you might
be able to get away with this with less code.
Possible just with a SessionManager.  You would still need to pull out the
Vaadin ID from the request and munch it with the exiting browser session
(possible sessionCookieId:VaadinId).

As for SecurityUtils.getSubject(), that _should_ be handled for you, if
your SessionManager is working correctly the incoming request will be bound
with the current subject at the start of the request, and cleaned up at the
end.
(the normal http session model goes out the window with async servlets, so
if that is your bag, you would also need to wrap the async bits in a
callable: https://shiro.apache.org/subject.html#thread-association  (I have
some example code for this somewhere, but cannot find it at a glance)

Anyway, let us know if we can point you in more specific direction!

https://shiro.apache.org/integration.html