Thanks a lot for very prompt response. Then next questions are the following.

1.       Can we conclude that Spark is NOT the solution for our requirement? Or

2.       Is there a design approach to meet such requirements using Spark?

From: Mayur Rustagi [mailto:mayur.rust...@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 May 2014 18:22
To: user@spark.apache.org
Cc: u...@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: update of RDDs

RDD are immutable so cannot be updated. You can create new RDD containing
updated entries(often not what you want to do).

Mayur Rustagi
Ph: +1 (760) 203 3257

http://www.sigmoidanalytics.com

@mayur_rustagi <https://twitter.com/mayur_rustagi>

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 4:42 AM, narayanabhatla NarasimhaMurthy