Based on my understanding something like this doesn't seem to be possible out
of the box, but I thought I would write it up anyway in case someone has any
ideas.

We have conceptually one high volume input stream, each streaming job is either
interested in a subset of the stream or the entire stream.  We would like to
get to the point where we could be running a large number of streaming jobs
concurrently across a cluster.  It does not seem that putting a buffer like
Kafka in between the source and the streaming jobs would be a sustainable route
as all jobs would be consuming the whole stream and the majority of them would
only be interested in a small subset of the available data.  As we don't know
exactly what data each job would be interested in up front it would be
difficult to separate/partition Kafka topics up front.

What I think we want is a way to have one streaming job whose output is passed
to n other streaming jobs.  Has anyone though about implementing something like
this?   I don't see a way to have the Receiver for one streaming job be the
output of another streaming job.

This e-mail, including accompanying communications and attachments, is strictly
confidential and only for the intended recipient. Any retention, use or
disclosure not expressly authorised by Markit is prohibited. This email is
subject to all waivers and other terms at the following link:
http://www.markit.com/en/about/legal/email-disclaimer.page

Please visit http://www.markit.com/en/about/contact/contact-us.page? for
contact information on our offices worldwide.