Thanks!

In your demo video, were you using RStudio to hit a separate EC2 Spark cluster?
 I noticed that it appeared your browser that you were using EC2 at that time,
so I was just curious.  It appears that might be one of the possible
workarounds - fire up a separate EC2 instance with RStudio Server that
initializes the spark context against a separate Spark cluster.