I'm running into a problem with YARN dynamicAllocation on Spark 1.5.0 after
using it successfully on an identically configured cluster with Spark 1.4.1.

I'm getting the dreaded warning "YarnClusterScheduler: Initial job has not
accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are
registered and have sufficient resources", though there's nothing else
running on my cluster, and the nodes should have plenty of resources to run
my application.

Here are the applicable properties in spark-defaults.conf:
spark.dynamicAllocation.enabled  true
spark.dynamicAllocation.minExecutors 1
spark.shuffle.service.enabled true

When trying out my example application (just the JavaWordCount example that
comes with Spark), I had not actually set spark.executor.memory or any CPU
core-related properties, but setting the spark.executor.memory to a low
value like 64m doesn't help either.

I've tried a 5-node cluster and 1-node cluster of m3.xlarges, so each node
has 15.0GB and 4 cores.

I've also tried both yarn-cluster and yarn-client mode and get the same
behavior for both, except that for yarn-client mode the application never
even shows up in the YARN ResourceManager. However, spark-shell seems to
work just fine (when I run commands, it starts up executors dynamically
just fine), which makes no sense to me.

What settings/logs should I look at to debug this, and what more
information can I provide? Your help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jonathan