No scala. Suppose  I read the Parquet file as shown in the following. How
would that be converted to an RDD to use it in my Spark Batch. I use Core
Spark. I don't use Spark SQL.

ParquetInputFormat.setReadSupportClass(job, classOf[AvroReadSupport[
AminoAcid]]) val file = sc.newAPIHadoopFile(outputDir, classOf[
ParquetInputFormat[AminoAcid]], classOf[Void], classOf[AminoAcid], job.
getConfiguration)