AFAIK we haven't actually broken 2.6 compatibility yet for PySpark itself,
since Jenkins is still testing that configuration.

I think the problem that you're seeing is that dev/run-tests /
dev/run-tests-jenkins only work against Python 2.7+ right now. However,
./python/run-tests should be able to launch and run PySpark tests with
Python 2.6. Try ./python/run-tests --help for more details.