When using spark on mesos and deploying a job in cluster mode using
dispatcher, there appears to be no memory overhead configuration for the
launched driver processes ("--driver-memory" is the same as Xmx which is the
same as the memory quota). This makes it almost a guarantee that a long
running driver will be OOM killed by mesos. Yarn cluster mode has an
equivalent option -- spark.yarn.driver.memoryOverhead. Is there some way to
configure driver memory overhead that I'm missing?

Bigger picture question-- Is it even best practice to deploy long running
spark streaming jobs using dispatcher? I could alternatively launch the
driver by itself using marathon for example, where it would be trivial to
grant the process additional memory.

Thanks!