Hi,

Since you mentioned that  there could be duplicate records with the same
unique key in the Delta table, you will need a way to handle these
duplicate records. One approach I can suggest is to use a timestamp to
determine the latest or most relevant record among duplicates, the
so-called op_time column df = df.withColumn("op_time", current_timestamp())
at ingestion time, so you can determine the most relevant record etc

This is the pseudo-code suggestion

from pyspark.sql import SparkSession
from pyspark.sql.functions import col, struct
appName = "DeltaHexToIntConversion"
spark = SparkSession.builder.appName(appName).getOrCreate()
delta_table_path = "path_to_your_delta_table"
df = spark.read.format("delta").load(delta_table_path)
df = df.withColumn(
    "exploded_data",
    struct(col("data.field1").cast("int").alias("field1_int"),
col("data.field2"))
)
df = df.select("other_columns", "exploded_data.field1_int",
"exploded_data.field2")
# Handling Duplicates:
# Define your logic here to select the most relevant record among
duplicates, say timestamp as mentioned above
df = df.dropDuplicates(["unique_key"], keep="last")
# merge the DataFrame back to the Delta table
df.write.format("delta").mode("mergr").option("mergeSchema",
"true").save(delta_table_path)

HTH

Mich Talebzadeh,
Distinguished Technologist, Solutions Architect & Engineer
London
United Kingdom

   view my Linkedin profile

 https://en.everybodywiki.com/Mich_Talebzadeh