(removing dev@ as I don't think this is dev@ related thread but more about
"question")

My understanding is that Apache Spark does not support Materialized View.
That's all. IMHO it's not a proper expectation that all operations in
Apache Hive will be supported in Apache Spark. They are different projects
and Apache Spark does not aim to be 100% compatible with Apache Hive. There
was a time the community tried to provide some sort of compatibility, but
both projects are 10+ years old, and mature enough to have their own
roadmap to drive.

That said, that's not a bug or an issue. You can initiate a feature request
and wish the community to include that into the roadmap.