Sadly Apache Spark sounds like it has nothing to do within materialised
views. I was hoping it could read it!

>>> *spark.sql("SELECT * FROM test.mv <http://test.mv>").show()*
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/opt/spark/python/pyspark/sql/session.py", line 1440, in sql
    return DataFrame(self._jsparkSession.sql(sqlQuery, litArgs), self)
  File
"/usr/src/Python-3.9.16/venv/venv3.9/lib/python3.9/site-packages/py4j/java_gateway.py",
line 1321, in __call__
    return_value = get_return_value(
  File "/opt/spark/python/pyspark/errors/exceptions/captured.py", line 175,
in deco
    raise converted from None
*Pyspark.errors.exceptions.captured.AnalysisException: Hive materialized
view is not supported.*

HTH

Mch Talebzadeh,
Technologist | Architect | Data Engineer  | Generative AI | FinCrime
London
United Kingdom

   view my Linkedin profile

 https://en.everybodywiki.com/Mich_Talebzadeh

*Disclaimer:* The information provided is correct to the best of my
knowledge but of course cannot be guaranteed . It is essential to note
that, as with any advice, quote "one test result is worth one-thousand
expert opinions (Werner  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun>Von
Braun <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun>)".