Hmm okay, that's what I'm trying to do but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Config config = new Config();
SleepSpoutWaitStrategy strategy = new SleepSpoutWaitStrategy();
config.put(org.apache.storm.Config.TOPOLOGY_SPOUT_WAIT_STRATEGY, strategy);
config.put(org.apache.storm.Config.TOPOLOGY_SLEEP_SPOUT_WAIT_STRATEGY_TIME_MS,
10);
builder.setSpout(...).addConfiguration(config);

Sent from my iPhone